Skip to content

General

2 results found

1. organize queue by date

Honestly it doesn't make sense that the first 20 pages of requests for translation into my language are from 2014 at best. And I by chance could find requests made this month. I think the the priority should go to the people who made the request (thus put it in order by date) and not to the people who may (or may not) browse through existing recordings. Not many people study my language so I'd really like to help those who do it and need my help right now. Those people who requested a translation 3 years age and already…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. separate Portuguese varieties.

European Portuguese sounds very different from Brazilian. Although I specifically and explicitly request only European Portuguese, the variety my students and I are interested in, invariably I get recordings from Brazilians, speaking BP.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I completely understand your frustration, but we do not wish to start splitting languages up by dialect. To do so would cause us to start splitting other languages by dialects as well, which decreases the likelihood that users will receive the recordings they desire, especially since many users do not have a preference for any particular accent in the language they are studying.

What may help you is to search for Portuguese speakers with the European dialect on RhinoSpike, and contact them to see if they would be willing to record for you. Here is a link showing some current users who speak European Portuguese:
    http://rhinospike.com/profiles/search/?native_language=10&username=&study_language=&location=&gender=&accent=european

Another thing that may help is to click the “More recordings please!” button on the audio request page, which will move your request up the queue and let recorders know that you would like another recording, hopefully in the dialect you requested.

Thanks for…

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base